The At Home Colourstart 5 Day Allergy Alert Test is a ready-to-use Alergy Alert Patch Test, that can show if you may be allergic to PPD, one of the most common ingredients present in hair colourants.
The Test Patch must stay on your arm for 48 hours and be done at least 5 days before your colour appointment.
The test result must be recorded on your Colourstart Passport online on Day 5 and shared with your partner salon.
Colourstart can show whether you may be allergic to the hair colour ingredient PPD. It works by exposing the skin to a very small, controlled amount of PPD, far less than is contained in hair colour.
Colourstart should only be used by those aged 16 or over.
Do not use Colourstart if you:
• Suspect or know that you are allergic to PPD or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
• If you have active dermatitis on your skin (e.g. redness, swelling, itching).
• Have previously experienced an allergy to hair colorant.
• If you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
• If you are taking oral or topical steroids and other immunosuppressant medicines.
• If you have a temporary black or if you have had any reaction to a temporary black henna tattoo in the past
How to use:
View patient information leaflet here
• Keep all medicines out of the sight and reach of children.
• Store below 25 °C in the original package.
• Use by the date on the foil pouch containing the patch.
What Colourstart contains:
p-Phenylenediamine ((PPD) 65 micrograms, ethanol, povidine 90
Warnings and precautions: sensitisation:
In rare instances, you may become allergic to the PPD present on the Colourstart patch. This is also a risk with exposure to hair colorants containing PPD. Any reaction which occurs at the site of where the patch was applied, approximately 10 days later, may be a sign of contact sensitisation. If this happens talk to your doctor or pharmacist and DO NOT use hair colorants if this happens.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you require further advice regarding use of this product or in deciding if it is suitable for you.